We have been on the road pretty much non stop over the last 2 months and as much as I want to keep up with my healthy lifestyle on the road, it is really, really hard. I’ll admit that I love to indulge when we are on vacation, but I always regret it….. so on this trip I decided that I wasn’t going to let my vacation get in the way of my health! We were going to the beach to relax and enjoy nature, so it seemed fitting that I should eat as naturally as possible 🙂 It took some planning (and a secret weapon) but I was able to enjoy my vacation and keep it healthy. Wanna know how? Great! I’ll let you in on my secrets!
My biggest weapon in the fight against over indulgence are my Taste of Nature Bars. These bars are packed with nuts and fruits and are absolutely delicious! With several different varieties including Canadian Maple Forest, Brazilian Nut Fiesta and a bunch more, you will never get bored with these bars. But seriously, the best part is that they are organic, gluten free and completely non-GMO. Nothing artificial, no fillers and no chemicals – what you see is what you get with these bars. Real tastes good!
Here are my top tips for eating healthy while away on vacation!
1. Stock up on Taste of Nature Bars- You can find them at your local Whole Foods or Harry’s Farmer’s Market or check here for a retailer near you.
2. Go shopping- Buy as many of your groceries as you can, I know that you don’t really want to cook on vacation, but if you really want to focus on your healthy eating plan, you are going to have to compromise by doing some cooking on your own. Most grocery stores are full of simple healthy options, sandwiches with a salad or a side of fruit make a great healthy dinner when you are traveling.
3. Have it your way – If you don’t have access to a kitchen or fridge where you are staying and eating out is your only option, you can still make this work. I’ve learned that most restaurants are more than happy to work with you to make your meal as fresh and healthy as they can. Your best bets are to order a salad with oil and vinegar dressing or a chicken or steak entree with veggies instead of fries or my personal favorite, a hamburger wrapped in lettuce. Most restaurants will cater to your special requests without any push back.
4. Stay hydrated! Water is a great defense against cravings and staying hydrated is one of the best things you can do for your health. Drinking at least 64 oz of water a day while on vacation will keep your cravings at bay and keep you feeling great!
5. Moderation- You are on vacation, it’s okay to have a treat occasionally, just don’t go crazy! You can have that amazing piece of fudge from the local candy shop, just don’t eat a 1/4 lb of it. The first few bites are the best, after that your craving is satisfied and you don’t need the rest. Know when to stop so that you can indulge without going crazy.
It is so hard to eat healthy on vacation when everything around you is screaming indulge, indulge, indulge! Just remember that the better you eat, the better you feel. If you really want to have the energy to enjoy your vacation, you need to eat real food! Use these tips to keep yourself healthy and energetic while traveling. Trust me, your body will thank you over and over again!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.