This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Nexium24HrGameReady #CollectiveBias
For the pretzel dough:
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 Tablespoon instant yeast (such as Red Star Platinum Instant Yeast)
- 3 1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup jalapenos, more for topping
For the egg wash:
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons water
- For the topping:
- Jalapenos and extra cheddar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
To make the dough:
- Combine water, yeast, and sugar in bowl of a stand mixer that is fitted with a dough hook, until fairly mixed, about one minute. Some clusters of yeast will remain. Let yeast/water rest for 5 minutes.
- In medium bowl combine flour and salt. Add flour and salt mixture to the water and yeast and knead for 2 minutes. If dough is super sticky add small amounts of flour until dough stops sticking to sides. Add the cheese and jalapenos and mix until just combined.
- Let rest for 15 minutes.
To shape the pretzels:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface. Knead the dough for 1-2 minutes (see post for a video explaining how to knead) and shape into a ball. With a sharp knife, cut ball of dough in half and then into thirds to make 6 smaller balls of dough. Each ball should be a little over 1/2 cup. This measurement does not have to be exact. Use as much or little dough for each pretzel as you wish – the size of the pretzel is completely up to you.
- Take each ball of dough and roll into a rope. As even in diameter as you can get it. My ropes were about twenty five inches long. Feel free to make your pretzels as thick or as thin as you like, but make sure you do not make your ropes too thick because the dough will expand quite a bit in the oven.
- To shape the pretzel, take the ends of the rope and draw them together so the dough forms a circle. Twist the ends, then bring them towards yourself and press them down into a pretzel shape.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg and water together and pour into a shallow bowl or pie dish. Dunk the shaped pretzel into the egg wash (both sides). Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprayed with nonstick baking spray. Sprinkle the tops of the pretzels with shredded cheddar and sliced jalapenos.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove the pretzels from the oven and carefully brush with melted butter before returning them to the oven to bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool and enjoy. Serve warm or at room temperature. Pretzels may be stored in an airtight container or zipped top bag for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
Buy Nexium 14ct get a $3 Visa® Rewards Virtual Account**To qualify for Virtual Account from Fandango, Purchase 1 participating Nexium 14ct product at Walmart between 09/27/2019 and 11/29/2019. Be sure to retain your receipt. For full offer terms visit www.activaterewards.com/Nexium14ct/Details .**Online purchase excluded. No manual reproductions will be accepted. One reward per receipt submission. Must be a resident of the U.S. Reward link is void if not activated by 12/31/2019 and Virtual Account is void if not used within 1 month from the date of online reward link activation. Virtual Account can be used online wherever Visa debit is accepted for purchase(s) up to $3. Use is governed by terms in Accountholder Agreement at www.activaterewards.com/virtualvisa/terms_and_conditions. If lost or stolen cannot be replaced. No cash value, except as required by law. Not valid with any other offer. Not for resale; void if sold or exchanged. Offer valid only in the U.S. Limit 3 rewards per household. Virtual Account issued by MetaBank®, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. This optional offer is not a MetaBank, nor Visa, product or service nor does MetaBank, nor Visa, endorse this offer. Fandango Loyalty Solutions, LLC is not a sponsor or co-sponsor of this program. See www.activaterewards.com/Nexium14ct/Details for full details.What is your favorite spicy game time snack? Leave a link in the comments so I can check it out!