*Caution, affiliate links ahead…Don’t worry, I’ll use the money for something practical, like wine…. or a pony!
If you haven’t figured it out yet, I have a major baked goods addiction. Muffins, cakes and cookies were the hardest things to give up when I went paleo. After 3 months of no baked goods at all, I decided to start experimenting with new, paleo friendly baking ingredients and see if I could find something to replace the over processed baked goods that I missed so much! One of those was lemon poppy seed muffins, these are like crack to me, I love anything lemon and not being able to have my muffins with breakfast was killing me. So like any good addict, I found a way to get what I want, just in a healthier way 🙂 Now you can share in my triumph and treat yourself to some occasional muffin goodness!
- 2 cups almond flour or sunflower seed flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup milk (any kind will do, I used raw milk for these, but coconut milk is just as good)
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon extract
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine everything in a mixing bowl.
- Stir well.
- Gently fold in the poppy seeds.
- Scoop batter into muffin tins lined with cupcake liners.
- Bake for 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Yum! Happy Baking!
Krissy Kamensky says
Almost Supermom says
You caught me, I copied and pasted the instructions from my blueberry muffins and forgot to exclude the blueberries. I'm going to blame it on the kids, surely they must have distracted me ;)
I have removed the blueberries from the instructions, thanks for letting me know Krissy :)
Chrystal @ YUM eating says
Cindy @ Hun... What's for Dinner? says