Cupcake Ornaments

*Caution, affiliate links ahead…Don’t worry, I’ll use the money for something practical, like wine…. or a pony!

These are so easy and so very cute!

Cupcake Ornaments made with a Styrofoam ball, felt and sewing pins. Great Christmas craft for kids and adults!

Supplies:

Small foam craft ball (small enough to fit in a cupcake liner)
Cupcake liner
White felt (about 20 1 inch circles)
Push pins
Ribbon
Floracraft foam tuck tool

Directions:

Glue cupcake liner to foam ball.

Using the tuck tool, tuck felt into the foam ball until it is covered completely.

cupcake 1

cupcake 2

Push the pins into the cupcake & finish off with a ribbon

Voila!! This was so easy and it would make a great homemade gift for someone 🙂

Comments

1. says

When I saw the picture I thought it was so cute that I would NEVER be able to pull it off! After reading your directions it looks super easy, and I may have to give it a try! I know I have some foam balls leftover around here somewhere. . .

2. says

I freaking love this! This is definitely a sit down and make it with glitter with your girlfriends kind of project. I’m going to do a pink one. 🙂

3. says

I need to find this so-called tuck tool. Super spiffy! I’ve seen the cupcakes with glitter tops, but this one is even cuter. I love your unique spin… good job!

4. says

This is so friggin cute! I want to be crafty and be able to make stuff like this! I’m sure mine would be a pintstocity though if I tried lol. Pinning it anyway so I can try one day. Thanks!

5. Nikolai Nuthouse says

Cute idea!!! Thanks for the tutorial!! I’m going to try this one this afternoon, I think I have everything I need!

6. says

Oh my goodness these are so cute, but I never realized that was done with felt, I thought it was some kind of spray foam that hardens. How cute would these be for little ones to make. Super simple for the adults to make too. I love homemade ornaments. Thanks for sharing. I am so going to pin this one.

7. says

These are adorable. I can see them in a bakery box tied with ribbon. What a cute gift. Thank you for sharing at Share It One More Time. Cathy