*Caution, affiliate links ahead…Don’t worry, I’ll use the money for something practical, like wine…. or a pony!
So I really wanted to have this post up in time for Easter, but I’m a total slacker and got overwhelmed and busy. I guess it really doesn’t matter though since carrot cake is really good anytime.
This recipe is a little different than my other recipes, usually I prefer honey to sweeten my goodies, but this time I thought that maple syrup and applesauce would make a better sweetener, turns out I was right, this cake is perfection on a plate and I’m thrilled to say that it’s completely grain free!
The next time you are craving carrot cake, you have to make this cake, I’m pretty sure it is better than any grain based cake I’ve ever had.
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- ¼ cup apple sauce
- ½ cup almond butter (find out how to make your own here )
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 4 eggs
- 2 eight ounce packages of cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine all wet ingredients mix thoroughly.
- Add the the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Grease 2 9 inch cake pans and divide the batter evenly between the 2.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Note: the cake pictured has 3 layers. I made a 3rd layer by halving the recipe and baking another layer, you could also double it to make an even taller cake.
- Mix cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Add cream and maple syrup beat again until light and fluffy.
Maggie C says
Pure Grace Farms says
Laura Dembowski says
Melinda @Home.Made.Interest says
Cindy @ Hun... What's for Dinner? says
Amy @ So There. by Amy says