*Caution, affiliate links ahead…Don’t worry, I’ll use the money for something practical, like wine…. or a pony!
These cupcakes are so delicious, you won’t even notice that they are grain free! These ones happen to be topped with a peanut butter buttercream frosting. I know that peanuts aren’t technically paleo, but in my family eating chocolate without peanut butter is practically a sin.
- 2 cups almond flour or sunflower seed flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (any kind)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup peanut butter (you can sub almond butter if you don’t want to be a paleo rebel)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake wrappers and fill 3/4 of the way with batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and beat with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.