*Caution, affiliate links ahead…Don’t worry, I’ll use the money for something practical, like wine…. or a pony!
I feel like I don’t need to say anything about this recipe, rambling on just to put words on a page would do this recipe and injustice. It’s chocolate. It pretty much speaks for itself.
Double Chocolate Mousse (Paleo Option Too!)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (if paleo or dairy free, use 2 cans full fat coconut cream, see notes below)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (if paleo use coconut sugar, raw honey or 1/4 tsp liquid stevia)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Beat cream and powdered sugar (or sweetener of choice) on high until thick and creamy (about 1-2 minutes) Reserve about 4 tablespoons of the plain 'whipped cream' to use as a topping (optional), and set aside.
- Gently fold the cocoa powder into the cream and beat again until smooth and thick.
- Refrigerate until set and ready to serve (about 10-15 minutes).
- Dollop the saved whipped cream on top of the mousse and sprinkle with shaved chocolate (optional)
- *Notes - If using coconut cream, place the sealed cans of coconut cream in the refrigerator overnight. Without shaking the cans, open and scoop out the thick cream sitting at the top over the water. Transfer the cream to a bowl and discard the liquid left in the cans.
Leave a Reply