*Caution, affiliate links ahead…Don’t worry, I’ll use the money for something practical, like wine…. or a pony!
I’ve recently told you about my quest to get my husband to buy me a new grill, one that I can get started all by myself without burning my eyebrows off every time I try. (Honey, if you are reading this, this is the one I want. Pretty please?). I’m trying to convince him by making super duper unbelievably awesomesauce food on the grill.
Remember my Gluten Free Chicken Alfredo Flatbread from a few weeks ago? Made on the grill and oh so good. Well this new meal may put that one to shame. Are you ready for this? Bacon & Ranch Chicken Kabobs! Doesn’t that sound like the best combination EVER? I mean, who doesn’t like bacon or ranch? Putting them together with some chicken and then grilling them over an open flame can only result in something glorious and life changing.
So I know you are wondering how you can recreate this kabob masterpiece in your own kitchen. Well thankfully, I’m not the secretive type and am more than happy to spill my bacon and ranch secrets.
It’s so easy!
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 red onion cut up into 1 inch pieces
- Bamboo skewers
- Cut chicken into cubes
- Marinate cut chicken in ranch dressing covered in the fridge for 1-2 hours
- Remove chicken from the fridge
- Start by putting a piece of chicken on the skewer
- Put the end of a piece of bacon on top of the chicken (you will be weaving the bacon around the chicken)
- Alternate chicken, onion and bacon until the skewer is full
- Repeat until you run out of ingredients
- Grill for 4-5 minutes then turn and grill for another 4-5 minutes
- Or you can broil them on high for the same amount of time
I have a feeling that this will quickly become a family favorite at your house too. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!!
Nancy Hilderbrand says