*Caution, affiliate links ahead…Don’t worry, I’ll use the money for something practical, like wine…. or a pony!
Told y’all you were going to be inundated with flatbread recipes 🙂 This week was a game changer when it comes to flatbread at my house. I learned how to make it on the grill!! Holy taste explosion Batman. Just when I thought that flatbread couldn’t get any better, I had to go and throw it on the grill 🙂
Here’s my problem though…we currently only have an old fashioned Weber charcoal grill that is kind of a pain to deal with. I’m not a whiz at the grill. Like at all. In all honesty it took me about an hour to get the coals hot enough to grill something. I’m desperately trying to convince my husband that a new grill is a must have this summer. Think of all the amazing food I could grill all my myself if we had a kick ass gas grill. So far no such luck…sigh… but I have a plan.
He was out of town when I made this Gluten Free Chicken Alfredo Flatbread on the grill this time, so I’m going to tackle the grill again (Lord, give me strength!) this weekend and show him how much more awesome food cooked on the grill is! Surely he won’t be able to resist and will immediately whisk me away to Home Depot and buy me the grill of my dreams. What? It could totally happen!
I digress, back to the flatbread… This flatbread would be amazing on the grill or in the oven, you really can’t go wrong with bacon and alfredo sauce.
Like all my flatbread recipes this one starts with my super easy paleo cracker recipe. I just added some oregano and garlic to enhance the flavor. I have included the instructions for both oven cooking and grilling the flatbread. Enjoy!!
3 based on 1 review(s)
- Paleo cracker recipe
- 1 cup grilled chicken
- 1/2 cup alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cooked bacon
- 1/2 to 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Prepare the paleo cracker recipe according to the directions found here . Only do not cut it before putting it in the oven.
- Bake the crust for 8 minutes
- Remove from oven and pour the sauce over crust.
- Add chicken and bacon
- Sprinkle cheese over the chicken and bacon
- Broil on high for 5 minutes or until the cheese is slightly golden.
- Serve warm.
- Prepare the paleo cracker recipe according to the directions found here . Only do not cut it
- Heat Charcoal or gas grill no hotter than 425
- Place a piece of tinfoil on the grill, put parchment paper with crust on top of the tinfoil
- Grill for 5-8 minutes
- Add sauce, chicken and bacon
- Top with cheese
- Grill an additional 5-8 minutes until cheese is melted
- Remove from the grill, cut and serve.
- Calories 640
- Total Fat: 34 g 52.31%
- Saturated Fat: 12 g 60%
- Cholesterol: 100 mg 33.33%
- Sodium: 3440 mg 143.33%
- Potassium: 0 mg 0%
- Total Carbohydrate: 36 g %
- Sugar: 12 g
- Protein: 32 g
- Vitamin A: 16%
- Calcium: 800 mg 80%
- Iron: 0 mg 0%
Shirley Wood says