*Caution, affiliate links ahead…Don’t worry, I’ll use the money for something practical, like wine…. or a pony!
Can you tell I’m on an Easter treat kick? The kids and I are having such a fun time trying out new ideas for fun Easter snacks and treats. Over the next few days you are going to be bombarded with all our fun and yummy creations!
Our latest project turned out even better than I had thought it would, the little birds nests were so adorable I didn’t want to see them devoured, but alas, in a house with 6 kids, treats are devoured as soon as they are created (and sometimes sooner lol).
I managed to keep them away long enough to get some pictures just so I could share this fun treat with all of you : )
The process is so simple:
Make a batch of Rice Krispy treats and form them into nests
Using a grass tip, fill the nest with green or brown icing
Place a few Robin’s Eggs candy in the nest and your done!
How easy was that!
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 5 cups Rice Krispies
- green icing
- Robins Eggs candy
- Melt the butter and marshmallows over low heat, stirring constantly
- Slowly add the Rice Krispies cereal stirring until well combined
- Wait for the Rice Krispies treats to cool a bit, then form into nests
- Use a grass tip and fill nest with icing
- Place 2 or 3 Robins Eggs in the nest
Elisebet F says
Nicole @ MamaNYC says
Burlap and Sawdust says