*Caution, affiliate links ahead…Don’t worry, I’ll use the money for something practical, like wine…. or a pony!
If you saw my Veggie Quinoa Chowder recipe from last week, you know that I’m a sucker for a good soup recipe. I’ve been in the kitchen the last few weeks coming up with all sorts of comforting soup recipes that will warm you inside and out. This Tex Mex Chicken Soup is one such product of my cooking frenzy and I have to say it is now one of my favorites!
Enough chit chat, let’s get this Tex Mex party started with this uber delicious chicken soup recipe!
Slow Cooker Tex-Mex Chicken Soup
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (if you are sensitive to spices or have children that don't like spicy foods, reduce the red pepper flakes to 1/2 tsp or omit them completely)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 cups shredded chicken ( I love to use a rotisserie chicken in this recipe)
- 1 can sweet corn, drained
- 1 15 ox can black beans, drained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a sauce pan over medium low heat.
- Saute garlic onions and peppers for about 3 minutes
- Put all ingredients in the slow cooker and stir together
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours
Such an easy recipe right?! Hope you enjoy it! Happy cooking!