*Caution, affiliate links ahead…Don’t worry, I’ll use the money for something practical, like wine…. or a pony!
Well, the Super Bowl is officially over. Congrats Broncos! Although I have to say that I was pretty underwhelmed with the game, not the nail biter I was hoping for. I had high hopes the commercials would make up for the lack of game excitement, but they were seriously lacking too. Honestly, I could have gone my whole life without seeing PuppyMonkeyBaby.
So here we are on Monday and I realize that I made way too much buffalo chicken dip (yeah right, as if you can ever have too much buffalo chicken dip!). Now I’m taxed with finding some new ways to eat this amazing concoction. Sure I could stand in front of the fridge spooning heaps of it in my mouth, modeling my stellar manners to my kids, but where is the challenge in that?
I already have a couple tried and true buffalo chicken recipes that I will be pulling out this week. My favorites are buffalo chicken taquitos, buffalo chicken stuffed peppers and gluten free buffalo chicken bites. I’m also adding this Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Bowl to my binge fest.
I realized if I mix buffalo chicken with quinoa I feel a lot less guilty about consuming mass quantities. I can justify going back for seconds and possibly even thirds, oh who am I kidding, of course there will be thirds.
Anyway, I’ll stop rambling and give you the recipe so you can devour it too!
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup whole, plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp Blue cheese crumbles
- 1 tomato, diced
- Combine quinoa and chicken broth in a medium sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once it begins to boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until liquid is completely absorbed.
- While quinoa is cooking preheat oven to 350.
- Combine chicken, hot sauce, ranch dressing, yogurt and 1/2 cup shredded cheese in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Add the cooked quinoa to the buffalo chicken dip and mix well.
- Top with tomatoes, the rest of the cheese and diced tomatoes.
- Serve warm.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
What’s your favorite way to eat buffalo chicken dip?
Leave a Reply