Continuing with the whole red pepper theme, I whipped up these the other day when I was really craving some buffalo chicken dip. While part of me just wanted to sit down with an entire bowl of dip and a bag of chips, my getting too tight jeans vehemently begged me to eat some veggies. So I compromised and put my yummy buffalo chicken dip inside of a veggie and added some rice (quinoa would have been better, but we were all out, gah!).
It was an incredibly successful compromise! Lately in my kitchen, a red pepper has been my must have ingredient and it seemed like it would pair beautifully with the buffalo chicken dip. I was right. I tried green peppers and yellow peppers and they just didn’t have the same kick and they didn’t look nearly as pretty. The red pepper really works in this recipe to bring out the flavor of the buffalo sauce and giving just a little bit of extra kick.
These work great as a snack or a meal and they freeze beautifully if you want to make a big batch and save some for later 🙂
You can also make these paleo by subbing coconut cream and omitting the cheese.
Ready for the recipe?
4 based on 1 review(s)
- 4oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 franks red hot sauce
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1 cup cooked rice or quinoa
- 1/2 cup of cheese
- 4 red bell peppers
- Combine cream, cream cheese and Frank's red hot sauce in a medium sauce pan and cook over Medium high heat, whisking constantly until the sauce starts to thicken.
- When sauce has thickened, reduce heat to low and simmer while you prepare the rest of the dish.
- Preheat oven to 375
- Slice peppers in half and remove all the inside seeds, rinse thoroughly
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, rice and buffalo sauce
- Stir well
- Fill each half of the pepper with the buffalo chicken mixture
- Top peppers with cheese and bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes
Hope you love them as much as I did! Enjoy!
Kate @KateMovingForward says
Melissa Moraja says