*Caution, affiliate links ahead…Don’t worry, I’ll use the money for something practical, like wine…. or a pony!
I have been making this cheesecake for years and it is always a HUGE hit at parties and get togethers, or when the week sucked and you just need cheesecake. A friend of mine gave me the basic recipe and I tweaked a a couple things to get this cheesecake which is really so easy to make that it’s impossible to mess up 🙂 and it doesn’t hurt that it’s crazy delicious too!
Ready to impress your friends and family with your mad cheesecake skills?
4.5 based on 2 review(s)
- 8 whole graham crackers
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 4 tbsp sugar or honey granules
- 5 eight ounce packages of cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar or honey granules
- 6 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 orange, zested
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees (yes that says 500!)
- Put graham crackers in a ziploc bag and pound into fine crumbs (this is a fun way the kids can help, my kids love when we make graham cracker crumbs)
- Mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and sugar
- Press into the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan
- Coat the inside of the pan with butter
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy
- Slowly add eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl with each addition
- Add sugar, lemon zest, orange zest and vanilla and beat for an additional 2 minutes on high.
- Put the spring form pan on a cookie sheet and pour the filling on top of the crust.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 500 degrees for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes reduce the oven temperature to 200 degrees, remove the aluminum foil and continue baking for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool 2-3 hours.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 6 hours before serving.
- You can serve plain or with topping of your choice
I know you will love this recipe as much as we do 🙂 Happy baking y’all!!
Jennifer Johnson says
Michelle @ A Dish of Daily Life says
Charlie@Seattle Trekker says
Christina @ Christina's Adventures says
Mindie Hilton says
Jodee Weiland says
Joy @ Yesterfood says
Made From Pinterest says
Nicole Neverman says