*Caution, affiliate links ahead…Don’t worry, I’ll use the money for something practical, like wine…. or a pony!
This week has been miserably hot here in Atlanta, after spending a few days in the cool New York air, my body was not prepared for the heat wave I experienced last week, don’t even get me started about the humidity…Ugh!
When it gets warm like this, I have to rethink my whole cooking and eating strategy because honestly the last thing I want to do in the summer is cook. Salads become an everyday staple at our house, but get pretty boring day after day, so I have to find a way to shake it up a bit, but still keep it healthy.
By now most of you know about my dirty love affair with my veggetti. Well, I have found that not only does it do wonders on a big ole zucchini, but it can spiralize the heck out of some cucumbers too. This is how the Greek Cucumber “Noodle” Salad was born!
It’s such an easy recipe that is really good for you too. It’s packed full of healthy veggies, beneficial olive oil and cancer fighting balsamic vinegar. How is that for a kick ass lunch?! It also makes a great paleo (just omit the cheese) or gluten free substitute for pasta salad at BBQ’s and picnics.
It’s pretty much the easiest recipe on the planet….
- 1 cucumber
- Grape tomatoes (how many is up to you)
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- Sliced black olives (again how many is up to you)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Clean the cucumber well, then use your favorite spiralizer to turn the cucumber into noodles.
- Put the cucumber noodles on a plate or bowl and sprinkle with a pinch of salt
- Slice the grape tomatoes and add them to the cucumber noodles along with the feta and olives.
- Pour oil and vinegar over the salad and enjoy!
Meredith @ The Palette Muse says