*Caution, affiliate links ahead…Don’t worry, I’ll use the money for something practical, like wine…. or a pony!
The obsessive muffin baking continues! This week I tackled a family breakfast favorite, cinnamon muffins with crumb topping. I’m so pleased with how these turned out. I just used my basic muffin recipe with a few tweaks here and there to make for a richer taste. They turned out amazing, the kids gobbled them up and have asked me every morning if I can make more, I can’t resist their pathetic little faces so I have been whipping these paleo cinnamon muffins up non-stop. Some days I feel like I never leave the kitchen:)
Are you ready for the best paleo cinnamon muffin recipe that has ever come out of my kitchen (actually it’s the best cinnamon muffin to come out of my kitchen!)?
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut or raw grass fed milk
- 1 tsp baking powder (you can sub baking soda and cream of tartar if you are not into baking powder)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl, stir well until completely combine (unlike traditional muffins, you can’t over mix these).
- Line a muffin tin with paper or silicone baking cups.
- Fill the cups with 1/4 cup of the batter.
- Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes.
- While the muffins are baking, you can make the crumb topping.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Using a pastry cutter, 2 knives or your fingers, mix the coconut oil in to the flour and sugar mixture until it resembles fine crumbs
That’s it! You now have another fantastic muffin recipe to add to your paleo repertoire!
Leave a Reply