*Caution, affiliate links ahead…Don’t worry, I’ll use the money for something practical, like wine…. or a pony!
I’m experimenting with muffins again, this could get dangerous! Turns out I have a knack for muffins, who knew? Anyway, the kids have been bugging me to make orange muffins for quite sometime, I finally caved and whipped up a batch, they were good, but they were missing something…. I wasn’t quite sure what until I saw a juicy pomegranate (my new favorite fruit!). I made another batch of the orange muffins and added some pomegranate seeds in them and the combination was fantastic, I’m so in love with these muffins!
- 2 cups almond flour or sunflower seed flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup milk (any kind will do, I used raw milk for these, but coconut milk is just as good)
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tsp orange extract
- 1 cup fresh (or frozen if you have to) cranberries
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 organic cane sugar
- 2 tbsp room temperature butter or coconut oil
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine everything in a mixing bowl.
- Stir well.
- Gently fold in the cranberries.
- Scoop batter into muffin tins lined with cupcake liners.
- Bake for 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle crumb topping on top and serve warm.
- Combine everything in a small bowl and using a pastry cutter, 2 knives or your fingers mix until crumbly (that’s a word, right?).
These are truly amazing! Enjoy!
Nikki @ The Road to Less Cake says
Michelle @ A Dish of Daily Life says
Sarah Nenni Daher says
Debbie @ Deliciously Inspired says
caren magill says
Joanne T Ferguson says
Julia @ Swirls and Spice says
Laura@Baking in Pyjamas says
Cydnee Knoth says
Ashley ~ 3 Little Greenwoods says