*Caution, affiliate links ahead…Don’t worry, I’ll use the money for something practical, like wine…. or a pony!
As much as I wanted to, I couldn’t call these paleo, ’cause sadly enough, cavemen didn’t eat peppermint chocolate chips. Such a shame, I’m pretty sure they would have had a much better life if they could have had these cookies once in awhile.
Aside from the peppermint chocolate chips, the rest of the cookie is completely paleo, so if you just want a delicious paleo chocolate cookie to nosh on, then omit the peppermint chips and nosh away! You could even add a little peppermint extract to get the Christmasy flavor I was going for.
These cookies are absolutely amazing, like I’m not even kidding amazing. I had to hide these from my family just so I could snap a few pictures, somehow they kept mysteriously vanishing from my photo shoot. Must have been Santa’s elves trying to get a sneak peak into what was in store for Santa on the big day.
So here is this perfect recipe for amazing & pretty darn healthy, gluten free chocolate peppermint cookies:
- 1 cup almond butter (if you don’t make your own , I have had the best luck with this one )
- 1 cup coconut sugar (if you like a crunchier cookie, use 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup coconut sugar)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup peppermint chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Combine all the ingredients (except the chocolate chips) into a large bowl, the dough will be very thick.
- Add the chocolate chips and knead them into the dough by hand.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls, put them on cookie sheet and push the balls to make them a bit flatter.
- Bake for 8 minutes and let sit for another 8 minutes to set.
If your family doesn’t devour them in the first 5 minutes they are out of the oven, you can store them in an airtight container for up to a week (yeah right, they will never last that long. )
Thalia @ butter and brioche says
Aimee (The Crazy Craft Lady) says
Julia @ Swirls and Spice says
Amanda @ Dwelling in Happiness says
Joanne T Ferguson says
Jaren (Diary of a Recipe Collector) says
Amanda @ The Anti Mom Blog says