*Caution, affiliate links ahead…Don’t worry, I’ll use the money for something practical, like wine…. or a pony!
This is one treat that doesn’t stay long in my house, as soon as they are out of the oven my kids and husband practically run each other over to get to the kitchen and shovel these into their mouth. They seriously don’t last 5 minutes. Even I can’t resist popping a few into my mouth, and at only 15 calories each, I have very little guilt consuming these melt in your mouth Christmas treats.
Skinny Peppermint Meringue Kisses
- 2 eggs whites
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- crushed candy canes to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 175
- Beat egg whites on high until stiff peaks are formed (about 2 minutes)
- Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar and beat for another 5 minutes until glossy and stiff.
- Gently fold in remaining powdered sugar and the peppermint extract until well combined.
- Using an icing bag with a large star tip , or a ziploc bag with the corner cut off, squeeze the meringue onto a USA Pans cookie sheet , or a regular cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 175 for 2 hours.
- When finished, let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
These treats are a perfect way to curb your sweet tooth without a bunch of guilt. Hope your family enjoys them as much as we do!
Nicola - Pink Recipe Box says
Carrie This Home says
Jane @ Littlesugarsnaps says