*Caution, affiliate links ahead…Don’t worry, I’ll use the money for something practical, like wine…. or a pony!
Are your kids like my kids? Could they survive on chicken nuggets and fries? Every time we pass a Chick-fil-a my kids start bugging me to stop for some chicken nuggets. I love chicken nuggets from Chick-fil-a as much as the next person, however I don’t love all the MSG, sodium and other such nonsense, so I started making copycat chicken nuggets at home. These chicken nuggets are just as good as the “real thing” and actually good for you. Serve them with a side of sweet potato fries and you have a meal that will have your kids grinning from ear to ear with chicken nugget happiness and you smirking, secretly knowing that they are eating something good for them! #Parentingwin!
- 1 pound cubed chicken breasts
- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Optional coconut oil for frying
- If baking preheat oven to 425
- Beat eggs in a shallow bowl, set aside
- Mix almond flour and seasonings in a bowl
- Dip chicken pieces into egg mixture
- Dip chicken into seasoned mixture coat well and place chicken nugget on a separate plate or cookie sheet if baking
- Repeat until all chicken is coated
- If baking, place in preheated oven and cook for 7 minutes, flip and cook for another 5 minutes
- If frying, heat coconut oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat and cook 2-3 minutes per side
Serve them up with some homemade paleo honey mustard and you will be the hero in your kitchen for a long time to come!