*Caution, affiliate links ahead…Don’t worry, I’ll use the money for something practical, like wine…. or a pony!
It’s official. I’m an addict. I can’t seem to stop making zoodle recipes. They are just an easy veggie to work with, they emulate regular noodles so well that you hardly notice a difference when you swap them for traditional spaghetti noodles in your favorite dishes. The fact they can can be served raw or cooked opens up even more opportunities to experiment with new and tasty dishes!
With 1/8 of the carbs and an 1/8 of the calories, you would be remiss not to give zoodles a shot. Swap them out for regular noodles the next time you make your favorite pasta dish and see what all the fuss is about!
No carbs…no gluten…just a giant bowl of gorgeous green zoodles ready to be manipulated into a fresh and flavorful meal that will leave your belly full and your taste-buds happy.
Ready for the recipe for my latest zoodle triumph? You got it!
4 based on 1 review(s)
- 4 zucchinis, washed
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves (from about 3 large bunches)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Pecorino
- 1/2 tsp coarse kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Cherry tomatoes
- Spiralize the zucchini.
- Place zoodles in a colander and salt liberally (don't skip this step or you'll get a sticky soggy mess) Let sit for 20 minutes then soak up extra moisture with a paper towel.
- While the zoodles are sitting, combine the basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add the oil and process on low until smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well & serve over zoodles.
- Garnish with sliced grape tomatoes
- Calories 1269
- Total Fat: 135 g 207.69%
- Saturated Fat: 20 g 100%
- Cholesterol: 17 mg 5.67%
- Sodium: 1328 mg 55.33%
- Potassium: 319 mg 9.11%
- Total Carbohydrate: 11 g %
- Sugar: 1 g
- Protein: 13 g
- Vitamin A: 93.44%
- Calcium: 335 mg 33.5%
- Iron: 5 mg 27.78%
Told you it was quick and easy! Hope you enjoy them as much as I do. Happy zoodling!
Leave a Reply