*Affiliate links ahead…Don’t worry, I’ll use the money for something practical, like wine…. or a pony!
Spicy Cranberry Meatballs
Holiday party season is upon us. Wow, it just seemed to sneak up all at once. I looked at my calendar and was shocked to see how many parties I have to make an appearance at. Most of them are potlucks which usually means racking my brain for a mind blowing recipe. There is nothing worse than doing the walk of food shame when you realize no one ate the dish you brought….. womp, womp, womp.
This year is different, there will be no shame walk, there will be no leftovers. I have a secret weapon, I have…….wait for it……..SPICY CRANBERRY MEATBALLS! (cue trumpets from heaven)
Y’all, these are the bomb. They are literally one of the best things I have ever put in my mouth hole. They are little bit sweet, a little bit tangy and a lot bit awesome. If you are looking for a fantastic recipe to take to parties, make these, make them now, all your friends will be in awe and beg for the recipe.
Since it’s the holiday season, I’m not even gonna make you beg for the recipe. In fact, I’ll just stop talking and leave it right here for you 🙂
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups cranberry sauce
- 1 12 oz bottle of chili sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400
- Combine eggs, bread crumbs. parsley, ketchup, onion, soy sauce, salt, pepper and ground beef and mix well.
- Shape mixture into 1 inch balls
- Place the meatballs on a shallow baking pan lined with foil
- Bake 15-20 minutes
- While meatballs are baking combine all sauce ingredients in a large sauce pan.
- Simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add meatballs when they are done baking.
- Let simmer on low for 30 minutes.
- Keep warm in a chafing dish or crockpot for serving.
- Calories 928
- Total Fat: 2 g 3.08%
- Saturated Fat: 1 g 5%
- Cholesterol: 30 mg 10%
- Sodium: 3625 mg 151.04%
- Potassium: 154 mg 4.4%
- Total Carbohydrate: 189 g %
- Sugar: 162 g
- Protein: 21 g
- Vitamin A: 0.38%
- Calcium: 181 mg 18.1%
- Iron: 1 mg 5.56%
Hope you love it as much as we do! Happy cooking!