*Caution, affiliate links ahead…Don’t worry, I’ll use the money for something practical, like wine…. or a pony!
Last time I made a flatbread it was like 1,000 degrees outside and I didn’t want to even think about turning on my oven, so I came up with this yummy Gluten Free Greek Flatbread that is served cold and perfect for hot summer days. Little did I know that I would be dealing with this issue again in December. It has been entirely to warm here in Atlanta. 79 degrees on Christmas Day?!? That is an outrage! I had to turn on my air conditioner. IN DECEMBER. WTF is that about?!
Instead of enjoying warm winter soups, we are back to eating salads, sandwiches, and cool flatbreads because I refuse to contribute any more heat to this sweltering winter. Now I get to add this tasty flatbread to my list of things to eat when it’s too freaking warm too cook.
Bonus, it’s totally compliant with my sugar detox and ridiculously healthy too. Winning!
- Paleo cracker recipe
- 1 tsp fresh dill finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh Italian parsley finely chopped
- 1 glove minced garlic
- 1/2 cup avocado ranch dressing
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 feta cheese
- Prepare the paleo cracker recipe according to the directions found here Mix the dill, parsley and garlic into the dough for the crust and do not cut it before putting it in the oven.
- Bake the crust for 8 minutes
- Let cool (at this point you can wrap the crust in plastic wrap and leave it for the next day)
- When you are ready to eat spread the dressing on the flatbread crust.
- Top with tomatoes avocados and feta cheese.
- Serve cold.
Easy and refreshing, can’t get better than that right?! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Happy cooking!
Amanda @ The Kolb Corner says