This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SnackBrighter #CollectiveBias
Atlanta summer heat means a plethora of frozen treats parading through my kitchen. When it’s to blazing hot to go play outside we have been experimenting with fun frozen snacks. Of course we have been noshing on old favorites like these:
No-Churn Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream
No Churn Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
2 Ingredient Healthy Dole Whip
3 Ingredient Frozen Strawberry Yogurt
Of course we have also been whipping up new creations like this Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Pie. This recipe is a new personal favorite for a couple of reasons. First? Um, it’s pie. Second? The graham cracker crust, creamy yogurt and fresh strawberries send my tastebuds into overdrive. I’m practically drooling at the thought of another piece. Yum!
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- Preheat the over to 350
- Combine crushed crackers and butter in a small mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Spray a 9 inch pie pie with non-stick cooking spray and press cracker mixture into pie pan to form a crust.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Let cool for 20 minutes
- While crust is cooling puree strawberries and sugar in a blender, add yogurt and pulse on low until just combined, set aside
- Whip heavy cream ans sugar in a mixer on high until stiff peaks form
- Gently fold yogurt into whipped cream until just combined, don't over mix.
- Pour yogurt mixture into cooled crust and freeze for 5-6 hours.
- Let stand at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before serving
The only downfall of this recipe is how long it takes to be ready. 5 hours is a long time to wait when a craving hits. Sometimes I can be patient, other times I throw a tantrum like a 5 year old screaming “I want it NOW!” When that happens I reach for the next best thing, an Outshine Strawberry Yogurt Bar. I love these bars, they are made with real fruit and when you bit into one, the first thing you taste are the bright flavors of real fruit and real yogurt. I love that they are non GMO and are free from artificial colors and high fructose corn syrup (a big no-no in our house!)
While I adore the yogurt bars, my kids are more partial to the fruit bars and since they are made with real fruit and fruit juice, I can let them snack free of mommy guilt. Yay!
The whole line of Outshine Bars can be found at your local Walmart and for a limited time you have the chance to enter the Outshine Sweepstakes for a chance to win a $5,000 backyard refresh from Outshine® plus hundreds of daily summertime prizes. Simply enter here, or text “Snack Brighter” to 30364.
Don’t miss the in store demos going on at Walmart on July 14th!
Good luck and happy snacking!!
Leave a Reply