This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BIGSeason #BIGLots #CollectiveBias
Yesterday I took I brief break from holiday treats and goodies and brought you an amazeballs gluten free fiesta flatbread. Today however it’s all about the peppermint. Peppermint and Christmas go hand in hand. Candy canes, pies and even peppermint ice cream all abound this time of year and I can’t get enough.
Today’s recipe was actually inspired by a trip to Big Lots. I was there stocking up on some Christmas decorations and wrapping paper (can’t beat their price!) and I noticed that they had an extensive food section with all you could ask for when it comes to Christmas baking. They even had a complete gluten free baking section with all my favorite gluten free flours with the best prices I’ve seen in my town. I was bowled over. I had no idea that you could get all that at Big Lots.
In addition to the food I also treated myself to come festive mixing bowls and measuring cups, because they were just too fun to pass up. (Styles and assortment vary by store.)
I came home giddy from my new discovery and treated my family to these blissful Gluten Free Mini No Bake Peppermint Pies. Aren’t they pretty?
Almost too pretty to eat. Almost……… Honestly, we gobbled them up like starving pigs.
Ready to see what all the fuss is about??
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 drops of red food coloring (optional)
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 small glasses
- Combine the almond flour, sugar, cocoa powder and butter in a food processor and pulse until well mixed and crumbly.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the mini marshmallows with the milk over low heat. Once all the mini marshmallows have melted, place mixture in fridge for 10 minutes to set.
- Once the marshmallow mix has cooled and set, stir in the mint extract and a couple drops of red food coloring.
- Whip the cream with an electric or stand mixer until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the marshmallow mixture.
- Evenly spread the cookie mixture into the bottoms of your glasses and pack it down.
- Add the marshmallow mixture on top of the cookie mixture.
- Top with a dollop of whip cream, and some crushed candy cane sprinkles.
- Chill in fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
Do you have a favorite peppermint dessert? Please share it with me so I can enjoy it too!
Summer Davis says