*Caution, affiliate links ahead…Don’t worry, I’ll use the money for something practical, like wine…. or a pony!
Usually bananas don’t last more than a day in our house, my kids are seriously like monkeys the way they will devour bananas as soon as they enter our house. For some reason though, they seemed to be on a banana eating strike. So I ended up with a bunch of brown bananas this week.
When you have brown bananas, you have to make banana bread! So I decided to try my hand at creating a paleo banana bread recipe. Usually it takes me several tries to get something that is even slightly edible, but this time I struck gold on the first attempt. Woohoo!
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 almond butter or sunflower butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp almond or vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix the bananas, eggs, almond butter, honey and coconut oil together in a bowl.
- Mix really well. In a separate bowl combine the remaining ingredients.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Pour into a well greased 9 x 5 loaf pan .
- Bake for 50 minutes.
This is heavenly right out of the oven with some grass fed honey butter on top. OH MY YUM!
Lisa Jones says
Jeanna McMicking says
Emily P says
Michelle F. says
Erin S. says
Bella Vida Letty says
nibbles by nic says
Laura@Baking in Pyjamas says
Cyndi at The Decorating Chica says