*Affiliate links ahead…Don’t worry, I’ll use the money for something practical, like wine…. or a pony!
I was never a fan of cranberry sauce growing up. During the holidays the only “cranberry sauce” I was exposed to was a gelatinous cylinder plopped on a plate. You know the one I’m talking about. Not exactly appetizing.
It wasn’t until I was an adult that I tried my first real cranberry sauce at a work party. Holy cow! It was phenomenal. I was never able to track down the recipe for that cranberry sauce, so I decided to try to make my own that was just as good. After many failed attempts (cranberry sauce is finicky, y’all!) I finally came up with a winner and this ridiculously easy cranberry sauce recipe was born.
Now, it’s one of my go-to dishes, not just during the holidays, but all winter long. I use it on roasts, in quesadillas, on bagels, and in my mouthwatering spicy cranberry meatballs. If you turn up your nose at cranberry sauce, it’s because you haven’t tried this cranberry sauce. It’s unbelievably good and so easy to make.
Are you ready for this delicious and easy cranberry sauce recipe??
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 12 ounces of fresh cranberries
- dash of cinnamon
- In a medium saucepan bring sugar, water and orange juice to a boil.
- Add cranberries and cinnamon.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Easy, right? Hope you love it as much as we do! Enjoy!
Leave a Reply